- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: 'N' / 'O' Levels
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Customer service, Interpersonal skills, Communications skills, Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Assist Physicians and Nurses in providing care and treatment to patients, including casting and bracing.
- Responsible for cast application, adjustment and removal.
- Involved in repairing of casts, application of walking devices, bi-valving, wedging and windowing of casts.
- Measures and fits patients for orthopaedic devices and ambulatory aids.
- Responsible for maintenance of orthopaedic equipment and the use of such and the management of orthopaedic supplies.
- Fabricates and applies required splints, and bandages using various materials, e.g Finger splints, wrist splints, bandages, pressure dressing, humeral splints, knee splints etc
- Applies specialized casts, i.e fracture brace, body cast, assists physician with procedures i.e Closed reduction, minor surgical treatment with or without anesthetic using sterile technique.
- Responsible for charting and documentation and maintaining accurate notes and records.
- Provides patient family teaching independently care of cast, slab or brace, and care of skin, based on knowledge of potential problems and follow up assessment of the patient family learning needs.
- Minimum GCE “O” Level or equivalent
- Good knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology required
- Healthcare experience with Certificate in Plaster Technician Course preferred
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills