- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Accountancy, Law, Economics
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Communications skills, Auditing
If you are an accountant more interested in change than the status quo and enjoy talking to other professionals about ways to do things better, ACRA may be the right place for you.
We are looking for people to help it maintain a responsive and trusted regulatory environment for the public accounting profession.
The positions involve policy and communications, including engagement with the accountancy profession, accountancy bodies in Singapore and international regulators and standard setters. This is an opportunity to develop expertise in regulatory policy and standards and to work with senior members of Singapore’s profession as well as international regulators.
Key areas of work include:
- Providing reports and advice on proposed and new international auditing and ethical international standards, their merits and likely impact.
- Preparing communications and submissions to help ACRA engage with international organisations and contribute to international developments.
- Preparing and delivering communications such as articles, speeches and presentations on financial reporting and auditing and ACRA’s regulations in a clear and interesting way, to champion audit quality.
- Designing and organising engagement platforms such as dialogues and forums with the profession and business community on auditing and regulatory issues.
- Preparing of consultation papers, consulting with stakeholders and assessing and reporting on feedback.
- Devising research projects and analysing audit quality issues such as trends identified through ACRA’s Public Practice Monitoring Programme and other industry statistics, and help identify initiatives to promote better practices
- Supporting committees through devising and preparing agendas, providing reports and recommendations and recording minutes.
- Good accounting degree or other relevant background such as economics or law, with a working knowledge (at least three years) of audit practice in Singapore.
- Good strategic thinking and ability to identify problems, develop solutions and advocate different points of view.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey complex content in a clear and insightful way to different audiences.
- Able to build positive relationships and strong networks amongst the profession and stakeholders
- Understanding of the objectives, principles and rationales underlying international and Singapore standards on auditing, quality controls and ethics.