- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - East
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: 'N' / 'O' Levels
- Field of Study: Sport Science & Management
- Skills: Lifeguard , First Aid Certified, CPR Certification
As part of the Venues team and reporting to the Venue Senior Manager, the position of Recreation Assistant will support the establishment, day-to-day and event operations of the Splash n Surf. Working closely with stakeholders, partners and the community at large, the successful candidate will work closely with management to deliver the operations of the facility on both a day-to-day and an event mode basis for the benefit of the public of Singapore and visiting guests. Operational work covers the ride protocols of the Stingray and the other areas of the Splash n Surf (Lazy River, Kids Pool and Kids Play Area).
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Each shift will ensure sure Stingray, Lazy River, kids pool and kids play equipment are clean and ready for operation
- Ensure Stingray, Lazy River, kids pool and kids play equipment are maintained during the daily operation period
- Under guidance from your manager, support the creation of an SSH policy and procedure manual
- Will direct users to the appropriate ride or area
- Conduct safety briefing for users of the Stingray
- Will respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operations and/or emergency situations
- Provide verbal instructions to users at the start of each ride and in some cases during the ride cycle
- Will monitor and respond to inappropriate user behaviour, to enforce policies and procedures, regulate users actions, and request assistance from supervisor is needed
- Lead a team of casual staff (Life Guards/Coaches) on day-to-day operations
- Co-ordinate and supervise day to day frontline staff as required
- To be a point of contact for clients, tenants, promoters and other stakeholders, always available to attend to their needs. Work as a designated representative of management when required
- Take responsibility for control of uniforms, equipment, or other facilities within the venue
- Have an excellent knowledge of the venue and provide site information to clients, customers and staff as needed
- Monitor venue performance and operations, produce reports as required by management or clients
- Complete operations administration functions as needed
- Various other duties as assigned
Essential Job Functions, Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviours:
- Previous sport and leisure experience catering to community clients is considered an advantage.
- A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results
- Uphold strong communications with the wider Sports Hub team and external partners
- Collaboration with internal departments and stakeholders, such as events, marketing, sales and sports/community
- Develop relationships and conduct regular interface with the community sports partners and other stakeholders
- Support the planning, organizing and implementation of events from community to elite level
- Handling enquiries from the public, clients, stakeholders and government
- Liaising with community and industry bodies (including schools, sports clubs and other community groups)
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a diverse environment.
- Coach courses and manage on water rescues
- Is a proactive team player and prepared to support the endeavours of the wider collective.
- Thinks laterally, sources creative solutions in the face of unique challenges in a high paced, dynamic and fast moving environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication with strong attention to details
- GCE O level
- CPR for the Professional rescuer, AED and O2 are seen as an advantage
- Current Standard First Aid Certification is seen as an advantage
- Lifeguarding certification is seen as an advantage
- Shift work required. Unique morning/evening and weekend hours will be required at various times.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.