- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Strong capability in independently setting up Linux server environment and establishing the machine-learning working platform.
At the School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University (SMU), we are inviting applications for Research Engineer focusing on researching data mining and machine learning for recommender systems.
The successful candidate will be working with a dynamic, progressive, and close-knit research group led by Dr. Hady Lauw (http://www.hadylauw.com). The group pursues data mining and machine learning research, focusing on preference analytics and recommendation system. We aspire towards world-class research, high-quality publications, and real-world impact.
The Research Engineer will be involved in several activities, including:
- building a framework for machine learning processes to support a recommendation system
- designing and implementing a library of recommendation algorithms
- building visual interfaces for recommendation applications
- conducting rigorous experimentations and data analysis
- supporting the research efforts of the group
- Required to have Bachelor''s degree with high academic standing (1st class or 2nd upper) from a reputable university, in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline
- Prior experience and deep interest in research is preferred
- Competent in at least one major programming language, e.g., Java, C, C++
- Experience and know-how on scientific programming with Matlab, R, or Python
- Demonstrated understanding of the theories, principles and agorithms in data mining and machine
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Research publications in machine learning, data mning, or recommender systems will be advantageous