- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Years of Experience: 10
- Skills: Risk management, Communications skills
Why CH2M HILL
In 2011, Halcrow became a CH2M HILL company. CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients.
CH2M HILL is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Senior Construction Engineer - Power Supply & Distribution Systems, on the landmark Klang Valley MRT - SBK Line Project.
Description and Desired Qualifications
This is a Systems Supervision Consultancy Service, providing assistance to the Project Delivery Partner to supervise and manage the Works Package Contractor on approximately 51km of new tracks, 31 new stations, provision for 3 future stations, 2 depots, 9.5kms of tunnel through the city centre, 7 interchange opportunities and 750 VDC third rail traction power supply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake design review to ensure constructability and compliance with specifications
- Undertake review of manufacturing & construction activities
- Write and submit reports for documented deliverables
- Undertake site inspections during construction phase
- Participation in testing and compliance activities
- Interdisciplinary management between other disciplines
- Provide input into Works Package Contractor's schedule
- Participation in O&M and training activities
- Provide input for the handover of completed and commissioned works to the client
- Provide assistance to the Construction Manager and Deputy Construction Manager
Attributes & Qualifications
- 10+ years relevant experience from a similiar urban mass transit project
- B. Eng - Electrical or relevant discipline, member of relevant professional institution
- Demonstrated experience in the design, manufacturing, construction, test & commissioning and maintenance of both traction supply and distributions systems in an electrified rail network
- Contract Management
- Safety, quality, environmental & risk management
- Team leadership
- Contractor coordination & management
We pride ourselves as a highly respected organisation, committed to staff development, business growth and the goal of Sustaining and improving the quality of people's lives.