- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time, Contract
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Commerce
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Project management, Communications skills, Customer service
- Lead and contribute in the architecting, designing and evaluation of workplace technologies (such as desktop, collaboration, messaging and mobile technologies) in order to support the conceptualisation, development, build up, maintenance and enhancement of the service-wide infrastructure in the public service.
- Lead in technology explorations, conduct of technology trials and evaluation of innovative platform technologies.
- Support IT infrastructure owners and stakeholders in technical evaluation and proposal review as part of stakeholder engagement and management.
- Manage outsourced vendor for delivery of desktop related services to the government - manage and work with designated vendors to ensure that contractual requirements and service levels are met and delivered successfully.
- Contribute as technical subject matter expert supporting workplace solution deployment and operations in government agencies.
- Involved in technical consultancy related project work to both internal and external entities.
- Conduct and/or support the review of policies and standards for service-wide platform technologies in government.
- Conduct research and write-up of research papers for workplace technology best practices and products.
- Keep abreast of ICT technologies, skill-sets and industry practices, for effective fulfilment of the above responsibilities.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant IT experience in designing, implementing and deploying platform infrastructure.
- Strong technical skills with working knowledge and experience in ICT infrastructure architecture including desktop, collaboration, messaging and mobile solutions and technologies.
- Project, contract and vendor management skills.
- Experience in server/platform technologies, network technologies, application security, system/server security and business continuity planning will be an added advantage.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction/effectiveness skills.
- Candidates who possess industry certifications such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) will be an added advantage.