- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Years of Experience: 4
- Skills: Customer service, Data analysis, Project management
- Involve in the conceptualisation, design, management and enhancement of the service-wide government network infrastructure / Data Centre (DC)
- Conduct regular technology scans to identify useful network technologies for service-wide adoption
- Keep abreast of relevant DC technologies deployment and setup so as to apply knowledge in DC related consultancy project
- Conduct review of policies and standards for service-wide government network and DC
- Provide technical consultancy to government agencies in the area of network/DC design and project management of network/DC implementations
- Involve in the analysis, engineering and execution of software functions for voice and data network
- Manage the overall building design process and its activities and coordinate with building/DC designers and engineering experts to produce optimum DC design and meet target availability and performance objectives within the approved budget and program specifications.
- Manage the designated vendor and IT contract to ensure the designated vendor meets contractual service levels of the network/DC infrastructure
- Perform assessment of network/DC facilities and determine deficiencies and gaps as opposed to DC ICT standards and best practices.
- Clarify a client's systems specifications, understanding their work performances and the nature of their features and functional specifications.
- Coordinate with DC Design and Installation teams and respond to inquiries and support in DC ICT design development
- Project manage and supervise the implementation of new DC equipment to make sure systems are well integrated and working properly as design intended.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and safekeeping of its deliverables, documents and files.
- Report periodically on the status and progress of his/her activities and achievements to his/her direct manager.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology preferred
- Minimum 4 - 9 years of relevant IT experience in designing and deploying network, Data Center setup and systems infrastructure (Experience in network security and/or development of IT Technical Architecture plans will be an added advantage)
- Knowledge and experience in information technology infrastructure architecture, including Wide Area Network; Local Area Network; Network Security Infrastructure; Network-based systems (eg. DHCP, DNS, IPTel system), structured cabling infrastructure and Data Centre infrastructure
- Experience of the whole DC project life-cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual Network and DC design stage, in the depths of system selection, testing and commissioning, and at each stage in between.
- Experienced in Data Centre Tier topologies, Uptime Institute guidelines and TIA 942 standards
- Excellent customer service mindset. Must be able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and sponsors on projects
- Strong project management skills and able to apply both business and technical insights to the project assignment
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Able to work as a team or as a single contributor, and Able to work independently with building designers, engineers, and technology providers
- Certification in network and data centre design such as CCNA, Certified Data Centre Professional (CDCP) or/and Certified Data Centre Specialist (CDCS) is preferred