- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Professional Certification
- Field of Study: Construction
- Years of Experience: 7
- Skills: Organizational skills, Interpersonal skills, Verbal and written communication skills, Multi-tasking, Analytical skills
(A) Job Summary:
To oversee all related building design matters and coordinate with relevant Consultants and heads of project teams to ensure the sequence of design coordination is under proper control.
(B) Essential Job Functions:
The Senior/Design Co-ordinator is responsible, but not limited to, the following:
- Planning & Programming
- Ensure design co-ordinations, submissions of shop drawings/documents /samples and the fundamental approval are in accordance to time schedule.
- Oversee Architectural / Structural and related MEP designs and coordinate with Architect/ Consultants to obtain solutions for any problem encountered, i.e. discrepancies, technical problems, designs that do not meet MEP or authority requirements.
- Co-ordinate process of shop drawings to ensure the submitted drawings /documents are correctly interpreted and properly coordinated.
- Ensure Instructions issued by Consultants are co-ordinated in shop drawings /documents to be submitted and obtain relevant approval.
- Co-ordinate with sub-contractors on shop drawings/samples submission according to schedule timeline and assist to resolve any problem encountered.
- Proper documentations for
- Any co-ordination meetings with Consultants or sub-contractors, i.e. meeting agenda and meeting of minutes (to ensure all changes are recorded).
- Status of RFI submitted and replied (to ensure awareness of latest information).
- Procurement, Contract, VOs, EOTs
- To co-ordinate with Contract team and provide necessary information or correspondences with Consultants on changes which deviate from the contract and may lead to time and cost implications.
- Responsible for the compliance to safety & occupational health practices to be implemented at Design Section and Design subcontractors with IMS safe work methods.
- Responsible for site implementation of safety standards to comply with IMS safe work methods.
(C) Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma holder or Singapore National Certificate in Construction Supervision.
- At least 7 years of design coordination experience with Architectural and structural trades in the building construction industry.
- Able to work independently with experience in at least two large-scale construction projects.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence various stakeholders and build long-term relationships.
- Ability to lead subordinate Design staff.
(E) Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Good knowledge of local authority requirements and engineering standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organise and control sequence of design co-ordination development.
- Ability to build up good relationships with Consultants and team members.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize complex issues quickly.
(F) Physical Demand (if applicable):
- Physically fit/ healthy, able to work well under pressure and long hours.