- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - East
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Systems & Security
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Windows Server 2003/2008
1. Role purpose
- Responsible for the support and resolution of Incidents and Requests in Singapore within the agreed OLAs
- This role supports Civica’s systems, covering both Hardware and Software issues and requests.
- Reviewing ticket queues within the ITSM system and acting accordingly in line with support processes.
- Working collaboratively across teams in Australia and International on the shift left strategy to support the Service Centre’s target of resolving 65% of Incidents at 1st line through the transfer of knowledge, documentation and training.
- Responsible for the resolution of Priority 1 and Major Incidents where allocated within agreed SLA. Escalating where exceeds technical knowledge and access levels. Principal responsibility for Singapore Office.
- Provide training, coaching, knowledge sharing and mentoring across the team to peers.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Provision of out of hours (weekend and evening) support.
- Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates root cause of incidents and seeks resolution. Escalates unresolved incidents prior to SLA failure.
- Makes a significant contribution to the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of issues classed as Problems.
- Responsible for supporting and managing local IT services to a high standard ensuring data security, availability and integrity of business data.
- Uses management tools to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Uses own initiative to solve problems in a systematic, disciplined and analytical manner
- Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Strictly following the agreed change control procedures, Implements agreed changes in relation to Incidents and Requests.
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for support, including Knowledge Articles for customers and analysts.
- Escalates Incidents that should have been identified and prevented by the Operations team to the manager, working co-operatively to ensure that service impacting lessons are captured, learnt and acted upon.
- Monitors for, and acts upon, Incidents escalated through the ITSM toolset. Ensures that all of their written communication stored in the ITSM toolset is both informative and professional.
- Mentor and develop the analytical and technical skills of peers to ensure a consistent and logical approach is taken to ticket resolution.
- Identify and escalate any opportunities for Shift Left and Continual service improvement.
- Manages their individual call queue within the ITSM toolset and assist the team with other queues where required.
- Liaise with support teams and third party providers on the resolution of tickets.
- Perform physical activities on-site where necessary (for example, Tape Rotations, Cable patching, replacing hardware components)
- To perform any task deemed necessary by the line management in order to maintain smooth running of support.
- Able to remain calm and professional, working in a controlled manner in high pressure situations.
- Act as a role model for customer service displaying the core Civica values
- Receive and handle complex technical customer tickets and resolve them in a timely and accurate manner, escalating where necessary.
- Demonstrate timely, accurate and professional, verbal and written, communication skills.
- Adhere to and promote Service Centre policies and procedures.
- Encourage others to focus on the customer, identifying potential improvements to service.
3. Essential Competencies
Experience in supporting an enterprise environment…
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (and previous) based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS
- Active Directory with multiple forests and forests with multiple domains
- Microsoft Application Servers (i.e. Exchange, Lync/SFB , SharePoint, SQL Server)
- Resilient systems, both locally and geographically
- Microsoft System Centre (SCOM, SCCM, DPM)
- AD Resource Forest models
- Backup Technologies (CommVault, DPM, Veeam, Backup-Exec)
An excellent working knowledge of…
- Enterprise grade server and storage hardware
- Virtualization principles & technologies
- Proxying (Forward and Reverse)
- Disaster recovery technologies/ methodologies
- Networking principles
Minimum 3 years’ experience providing IT support or administration services, with at least 2 years working in a Service Desk environment.
Excellent customer facing skills and a desire to deliver correctly first time.
Challenge current processes and identify better ways of working
Must have a sense of ownership and take personal accountability for their actions
Must strive for attention to detail and accuracy.
Able to work collaboratively within a team and operate under their own initiative.
Experience in supporting:
- Virtualisation Platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- VMWare Infrastructure administration
- SAN and Clustering technologies (Dell)
Exposure and basic working knowledge supporting LANs/WLANs built around Cisco hardware
Knowledge of Distributed Systems (in both low and high latency environments)
Knowledge of Telephony and working with suppliers regarding POTS, ISDN and VoIP circuits
Knowledge of Linux / Unix
Experience working in a DevOps environment
Vendor training/qualifications desirable
Degree in IT or related subject
Networks experience (Cisco, Dell switches) desirable
1. Group insurance schemes
2. Flexi benefit allowance