- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Online sales, Media sales, Internet marketing, Account management, Business development, Travel and tourism, Hotel sales
Our client is one of Asia Pacific’s leading online travel agencies and are dedicated to bringing great value travel choices to travelers in Asia Pacific. They are located throughout Asia Pacific, and have a network of online travel sites in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
SENIOR MARKET MANAGER
This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of hotel products on sale throughout a distribution network. The manager's key responsibility is to contract and manage relevant products by negotiating competitive prices and availability, providing excellent account management and business development opportunities.
- Negotiate and securing competitive rates and inventory to meet overall company sales objectives.
- Solicit and secure competitive promo offers from hotel partners to support merchandising activities.
- Ownership and accountability for content acquisition for assigned territory.
- Monitor and address hotel partner pricing and availability issues to maintain conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain good rapport and strong relationships with clients/partners at the property level by providing support, information and guidance
- Support hotel partners in managing inventory and rates including initial and ongoing systems training.
- Provide technical support to hotel partners and resolve operational issues.
- Analyze market data and develop sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability by identifying key growth opportunities; provide direction and targets to the team to generate sales
- Understand high/low occupancy periods for all assigned markets.
- Monitor partner sales performance and investigate trading concerns when required.
- Maintain a strong relationship with key stakeholders to ensure all relevant objectives are met.
- Work within the APAC Hotel Partner Services organization on strategic objectives and new initiatives.
- Participate in annual industry trade shows and performance meetings as necessary and provide destination, product, marketing and operational expertise to enhance supplier/partner relationships.
- 5 to 7 years of solid experience in OTA’s, hotel sales and/or account management in Asia Pacific.
- Resourceful and independent with excellent presentation, communication, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- High level of business and market acumen.
- Proven track records, leadership and the ability to meet/exceed targets or deadlines.
- Customer service orientated with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong technical ability - operational experience with channel managers/switches preferred.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude to learn new things and quick to adapt
- Experience in purchasing/negotiating for online sales channel preferred.
- Knowledge of travel industry and booking channels essential.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point skills at intermediate level or higher mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is an advantage
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
HOW TO APPLY?
- Interested applicants are advised to write in with Detail Resume (in WORD document), reasons for leaving, current and expected salary and resignation notice period with a recent picture attached.