- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Accountancy, Finance
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Communications skills, Finance, Tax
EDB is the lead government agency responsible for planning and executing strategies to enhance Singapore’s position as a global business centre and contribute to the growth of the Singapore economy.
The Business Environment Unit plays an instrumental role in supporting these aims through working closely with various stakeholders to ensure that we have a conducive and internationally competitive business environment.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to engage with the business community, including industry leaders and MNCs, as well as work with various government agencies.
This role also involves interfacing with internal parties on policy issues and providing support in terms of areas of specialisation, particularly in taxation and financing.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Keeping abreast of international developments which impact competitiveness, primarily but not limited to, developments in various incentives/measures to encourage investments
- Analysing and assessing the impact of such developments and their relevance to Singapore, as well as formulating responses.
- Reviewing, enhancing and managing a suite of incentives to ensure governance and competitiveness
- Managing internal budget allocations for economic development initiatives
To meet the challenges of this role, you are a Singapore Citizen and must have/be:
- A good Honours or Masters degree in any discipline. Experience or background in economics, finance or taxation would be advantageous, though not mandatory
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in a company, tax advisory firm or government agency, or exposure to cross-border taxation issues, would be advantageous
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent resident
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.