- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Engineering (General)
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
The Electronics group focuses on developing the Semiconductor and Electronic Components industries which combine to be the largest manufacturing sector contributor to Singapore’s GDP. Singapore’s Electronics industry is vibrant and dynamic - making about 1-in-10 of the world’s semiconductors, 40% of the world’s hard disk drive media, state-of-the-art lithium batteries, novel MEMS devices, and advanced LCD and OLED displays.
As a Senior Officer / Assistant Head, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the industry and tracking industry and technology trends to formulate appropriate industry development strategies
- Building capabilities in Singapore to enable desired activities such as R&D and manufacturing to be undertaken in this sector
- Identifying and promoting companies to make Singapore their centre for regional & global activities
- Working with CEOs, senior management and decision-makers in both the private and public sectors to attract investments into Singapore as well as facilitate project implementation.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have/be:
- A good Honours degree in Engineering or related degree
- 2-3 years working experience in a related industry. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong conceptual & analytical thinking skills
- Foreign language skills in Japanese, French or German would be an advantage
- Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Resident
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.