- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Marketing, Business
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Interpersonal skills, Art
Singapore needs to build next-generation industries for economic growth in the next decade.
As part of this effort to nurture future industries that could become important contributors to the economy, the Lifestyle Programme Office (LPO) was set up to drive industry development of specific lifestyle sectors including sports, visual arts & collectibles, performing arts, music & entertainment, and design.
It is a whole-of-government initiative to establish Singapore as a vibrant global city and home for talent, as well as position Singapore as a ‘City of the Future’ for development and export of innovative lifestyle products and solutions.
As an officer within the Lifestyle Programme Office overseeing the visual arts/design sectors, you will have the opportunity to analyse global trends and scope out future directions for Singapore’s visual arts/design industries.
You will be required to build key capabilities, enhance Singapore’s attractiveness to foreign investments and facilitate project implementation.
In this capacity, you will engage key decision-makers of top international businesses and other government agencies.
As part of the visual arts team, you will be involved in creating new initiatives and policies to grow Singapore’s Art and Collectibles’ industry, including building a marketplace for art and developing an arts belt through the physical clustering of art businesses.
As part of the design team, you will drive new initiatives and policies that support both in-house company design teams, and third party design consultancies specialising in areas such as product, packaging, interaction and retail design.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have/be:
- Have a good Honours degree in any discipline
- Strong interest in the visual arts/design industry
- High level of initiative, drive, tenacity and resourcefulness
- A good team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong conceptual & analytical thinking skills
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident only
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.