- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Security Studies, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
The New Businesses team in EDB is tasked to look specifically into new industries that Singapore should focus on incubating in order to prepare itself for future growth in the 3-10 year timeframe.
Building on the strengths of our existing industry sectors and research entities, the New Businesses division aims to identify and nurture future industries that could become important technology platforms for Singapore.
One key area that the New Businesses team has identified is Safety & Security (or sometimes better known as Homefront Security).
You will be involved in spearheading EDB’s efforts at building a Safety & Security Technology Community in Singapore with the aim of spurring the development of Singapore’s security industry.
These include major security technology system integrators such as Honeywell, Tyco, Thales and Singapore Technologies and solutions companies such as Smiths Detection and Axis Communications.
In this capacity, you will:
- Actively monitor technology trends in the Safety & Security Industry to identify safety and security related technologies that Singapore should focus on in order to nurture a vibrant industrial landscape
- Develop strategies that EDB should embark on in order to spur the development of the Safety & Security Industry in Singapore
- Work closely with companies to secure investments in the security sector
- Work with other government stakeholders including the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Singapore Police Force and the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority to develop Singapore’s infrastructure and research capabilities in order to ensure that these are ready to meet the future technological needs of the Security Industry in Singapore
In this capacity, you will engage CEOs and other decision-makers in both the private and public institutions, as well as facilitate policy and project implementation.
You will also be the key co-ordinator for multi-cluster team.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must:
- Have a good Honours degree in any discipline
- Have a high level of initiative, drive, tenacity and resourcefulness
- Be a good team player and practice good interpersonal communication skills
- Have a keen interest in trends and future industries
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply
- Be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident only
- Relevant experience working with security technology companies would be an advantage
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.