- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Nursing
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Basic Palliative Nursing Care, Nursing Skills
- Schedule home visits and be on call duty according to roster.
- Prepare and write care plans for new patients.
- Conduct monthly checks and replenishment of medication/medical supply and record controlled drugs.
- Act as a case or case manager coordinating and implementing a plan of care for the client with advanced disease referred to the organization.
- Work in collaboration with members of a multi-disciplinary team in a setting which provides 24 hours medical care, pain & symptom management and family support.
- Assess nutritional needs in the patient with advanced diseases including adjusting current medication as needed so as to achieve optimal symptom control.
- Implement and review care plans for the patients, working with members of a transdisciplinary team to achieve the highest level of coordinated care for the patient.
- Identify patients and families in need of financial assistance and/or counselling and refer to MSW/Welfare department in our organisation.
- Check Patients’ case files who are discharged before sending to Welfare department and after homevisit by doctors and nurses, in the absence of nurse supervisor.
- Prepare family caregivers for approaching death and to give caregivers bereavement and emotional support when necessary.
- Prepare training notes for presentation and planning of training and education for nurses.
- Participate in in-service education program, seminars and training courses for updating of nursing skills and knowledge in Hospice and palliative care as directed by Nurse Supervisor and Resident Physician.
- Assume professional responsibility and accountability for outcomes in nursing practice.
- Coordinate the Respite care Volunteer Program.
- Take on duties of the Nurse Supervisor when necessary
- State registered nurse with knowledge in Basic Palliative Care Nursing and Nursing skills.
- Candidate must have a strong base of knowledge to act as a specialist and general nurse and demonstrate the ability to integrate nursing theory to practice.
- Minimum 1 years of palliative experience and 3 years of relevant nurising experience.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and effectively bilingual.
- Ability to converse with few Chinese Dialects speaking patients/associates would be an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- An organised team player with good leadership qualities with strong coaching and conflict management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as listening skills.
- Must possess strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for applying.