- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Supply Chain Management
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Purchasing, Media planning / negotiating
Senior Purchaser / 5 Days / Tuas (with transport pick-up) (GI14082013AG)
a) Coordinate and manage the supplier base. Liaise with suppliers to procure materials, equipment as per requisition orders and lead a team of purchasing assistant / clerk in supporting departmental activity
b) Collaborate with requesting department and supplier to resolve issues related to requirements, substitutions, priorities, damages, quality, delivery and other important terms & conditions.
c) Solicit competitive quotations as per requirements from various sources, and select the supplier with the most favourable bid, considering all the terms and conditions.
d) Ensure conformance to plant requirements, maintenance projects and production scheduling before initiating purchase orders with suppliers.
e) Negotiate purchase transactions, considering price, quality standards and delivery at terms favourable to the company.
f) Provide guidance to purchasing assistant/clerk
g) Communicate with supplier to expedite receipt of orders/ back-orders.
h) Keep up-to-date with the current market and changing materials conditions to make recommendations according to current price trends and purchasing availability.
• Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or equivalent
• With purchasing experience in manufacturing purchasing environment, preferably in the Construction or Oil & Gas industry.
• Ability to correctly interpret blueprints/ engineering drawings
• Prior experience in buying steel is required
Interested applicants, please submit detailed resume to
JanDec HR Services Pte Ltd
Licence No: 95C3220