- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Social Work
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Senior Social Worker/Counsellor provides psychosocial support and counselling under the purview of the Welfare Services, which includesprovidingpsychosocial services to patients and families under our hospice service, and beneficiaries of our psychosocial services.He/She is also expected to provide support in major organisation-wide events like fundraising and public forums, and in other projects as assigned by the Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop professional and engaged relationship with clients and other keyservice stakeholders.
- Provides and facilitates psychosocial assessments to help cancer patients and their families manage impact of illness and progression.
- On-going individual and family counselling through face-to-face sessions or home visitations in order to help navigate the personal and ethical dilemmas, cultural conflicts and issues relating to religion, spirituality and the meaning of life with the impact of cancer.
- Support patients and their families at the end-of-life stage through counselling or programmes to support meaningful living.
- Conduct needs assessment and risk assessment for complex cases by taking into account the integration of a range of information independently.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary team and/ or agencies to deliver care/ case plans.
- Lead case conferences as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prepare social reports and ensure documentations are in place.
- Lead therapeutic group work for targeted groups, i.e. support group, therapygroup, task group.
- Provide cancer-related issues, grief and bereavement information, education and support to help the cancer patients and families to cope with their cancer journey.
- Formulate and outline outreach programmes for individuals and/ or targetedgroups, based on outreach strategies.
- Strategise and lead environmental scanning and assessment of community needs.
- Initiate, design, develop and implement new community development initiatives by mobilising community resources, other social service providers and volunteers.
- Organise and evaluate community development programmes, taking into account the broader perspectives.
Professional Development & Education
- Seek out continuous learning opportunities such as participating in case review meetings, cross-functional or Ministry-level assignments, practice research and development to further develop skills and capabilities.
- Share new practice knowledge with others to encourage a culture of learning and continuous improvements.
- Supervise and guide Social Workers, Counsellors, Complementary Therapists in their work (e.g. casework, group work, community development, etc.) as well as interns.
- Presents cases for discussion on formal platforms such as departmental or inter-departmental meetings for the purpose of sharing, reviewing and clarifying of a-typical, difficult issues.
- Monitor the application of principles and protocols as guided by professionalCode of Ethics and identify and respond to ethical concerns in practice.
- Plan and conduct/ provide guidance for the development of education andtraining programmes in the area of practice for inter- and intra- department.
- Conduct skill-based education and trainings for fresh/ junior social workers and other related professions.
Programme Development & Implementation
- Advocate for and lead the development of specific programmes targeted at service gaps and service delivery issues.
- Design programme and conduct outcome-based evaluation to ensure thatprogrammes are able to support the needs of gaps identified/ key clients.
- Manage and oversee the end-to-end development and delivery of programmes.
- Guide the delivery of social services by team to ensure adherence to Code of Ethics, Standard of Practice, governance and agenda at system level
- Prepares social and other related reports for management and other related institutions / agencies.
- Identify gaps and trends in research and/ or practice that deserves systematic studies.
- Design and conduct research under guidance.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online with a comprehensive resume via theAPPLY NOWbutton below.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.