- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 4
- Skills: Unix
For Senior System Engineer Role
1. Able to assume lead role in a team of support and project engineers.
2. Technically sound with hands-on experience in deployment and maintenance of servers and client machine in Wintel environment. E.g. IBM x, HP Proliant, Dell poweredge, Cisco UCS series.
3. Windows server OS installation and configuration of Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, DNS, Proxy etc.
4. Knowledge and experience in Backup, Archival and recovery tools like Symantec Backup or prevailing brands using tape out or D2D option.
5. Able to plan for and perform Disaster Recovery exercises.
6. File server setup, data / system migration and upgradation.
7. Setting up of SAN and NAS Storage. Experience in SAN replication / Migration project is a plus.
8. Setting up of virtual platform like Hyper V and VMWare. Knowledge and experience in multiple platform like KVM and Citrix is a plus.
9. Able to create and compile System design, configuration and UAT documentation.
10. Customer oriented, self-driven and a good Team player.
Below is scope of a Junior System Engineer Role which would be a subset of Senior Engineer’s Role at times of necessity:
11. Manage and support desktops, laptops and multi-function fax/printers/copiers.
12. Troubleshooting any issues on connectivity to SMTP servers, DNS resolution, proxy settings.
13. Familiar with Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server OS - login and investigate issues in IIS web server, proxy Server and Database.
14. Possess knowledge of Microsoft AD to support users' access to network resources, email and applications. Able to identity login issues to resources and also MACD of AD user profiles.
15. No scripting and Database querying and programming required.
16. Understand and troubleshoot data backup processes using Netbackup or CA Arcserve.
17. Access backup exec software and tapeloader to check backup job and review and edit jobs. Help recover Data and run clone jobs to recover systems.
18. Understand and troubleshoot basic LAN issues (Switching and Routing) . Investigate and solve internet access bottleneck and slowness. Access firewall to performing basic checking of rules.