- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Economics, Engineering (General)
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Presentation skills, Communications skills
- Evaluate requests for exemption from Dominant Licensees or enforcement from licensees.
- Initiate investigation or enforcement actions against licensees for potential contravention of the competition rules to prevent lessening of competition and licensees from engaging in anti-competitive behaviour.
- Monitor, develop and enforce regulatory frameworks such as the Telecom Competition Code, Premium Rate Services Code, price control/regulation and service quality and resiliency frameworks.
- Propose recommendations for improvements as necessary to ensure compliance by telecommunications and postal licensees
- Evaluate applications and requests from licensees for changes in ownership structure and consolidations to ensure there is no lessening of competition in the telecommunication and postal sectors.
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Economics or Engineering
- At least 3-6 years experience in telecom and/or postal industry or policy making in the government
- Knowledge of competition and regulatory concepts and frameworks
- Good writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with policy formulation process
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills