- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology
- Skills: Java, C/C++
Software Engineer - Entry Level (Infotainment Applications)
We are looking for Software Engineer - Entry Level (Infotainment Applications) responsible for the development and testing of applications aimed at Automotive Domain, primarily focused on Automotive Infotainment Systems. You will be working along-side other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure. You will have hands on experience in the latest technology of Car infotainment systems.
If you are an Engineer excited about problem solving, sophisticated design and creating quality products and if you have high analytical & creative skills, innovative in solving problems, strong verbal and written communication skills this job is for you.
We are looking for talented Engineers from Electrical & Electronics/Computer Science/Information Technology and Electronics & Communications Engineering background. Minimum requirement is you should have a Diploma from any of the Singapore Polytechnics.
This job comes with excellent training programme in software development, testing, embedded technology and latest automotive technologies and platforms. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas for short term projects to gain higher exposure.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for
- Developing and testing HMI applications for in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Work with UX Designers, Architects and other Developers to build automotive specific solutions
- Work as part of an agile team on leading edge technologies
The following experience would be advantageous but not a requirement:
- Strong Programming Knowledge in Java Or C++
- Strong programming skills, thorough understanding of OOP design patterns
- Exposure in developing and testing HMI application software for embedded products
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Working knowledge of software development and testing tools (debuggers, emulators, compilers, etc.)
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Knowledge in
- Android Application development and testing using Android SDK / NDK
- Developing and testing solutions on Linux or QNX or any other RTOS
- Familiar with automotive infotainment application domain or similar product is a plus
- Familiarity in developing application for Media, Camera, Bluetooth and Voice Recognition
- Understanding of Source code version tools such as Git, SVN
- Strong attention to detail in HMI designing and implementation
- Good code optimization and debugging skills
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative in solving problems
- Good understanding of different testing methods like unit testing, module testing, integration testing and system testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What is HMI?
A human-machine interface (HMI) is the user interface that connects an operator to thecontrollerfor an industrial system. An HMI includes electronic components for signalling and controlling automation systems. Some HMIs also translate data from industrial control systems into human-readable visual representations of the systems. Through the HMI, an operator can see schematics of the systems and turn switches and pumps on or off, for example, or raise or lower temperatures.
- Offers Competitive Wages with Career Growth and Enhancement
- Position also qualifies for benefits including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance.
- A Five-Day Work