- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Retail Management, Marketing, Advertising/Marketing
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: Management skills, Communications skills
You will be implementing sourcing strategies, both short (seasonal/annual) and long term (3-5 years) for the assigned product categories.
Research, identify and develop production sourcing markets and suppliers that meet the companies’ product supply requirements. Manage agent and supplier relationships in order to:
- Execute creative designs
- Ensure product quality
- Meet on time delivery
- Support speed to market
- Maximize profitability
- Minimize risk, e.g., diversifying country and supplier placements
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
This should include the following:Implement product sourcing strategies appropriate for each source region
- Establish and manage sourcing processes and procedures to successfully execute and deliver WSI products on time, which meet the design, quality and value mission.
- Time and Action Calendars
- Vendor Research and Development - Capabilities, capacity and growth plans
- Material Research and Development
- Resourcing of core products for cost savings & risk diversification.
- Cost Negotiations based on parameters from the San Francisco team
- Work with San Francisco team during the development process to identify source markets and suppliers for requested materials, finishes and products
- Management of pre-production, production placement and reservations
- Production Tracking and reporting
- Identify potential product categories that present opportunities in new markets
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of the supplier base
- Troubleshoot production/delivery problems.
- Close coordination with WSI agents, service providers, suppliers, etc.
- 8-10 years International Sourcing and Production experience
- Strong negotiation and management skills in a retail or manufacturing company
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Extensive travel required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in another language will be advantageous for this role
Interested applicants are to email their updated resume in MS Word format with a recent photograph stating their expected salary and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.