- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - North
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: 'A' Levels/IB
- Field of Study: International Business, Communications and New Media , Science
- Skills: Writing Skills
As a journalist, you will gather facts and information through research and interviews, and present the information in a clear, concise and interesting way in the article you write. Besides having an excellent command of the language, you should have an inquisitive mind with a nose for news, a knack for gaining the trust of others to obtain information, a persistent attitude for pursuing stories, an eye for details, and physical and mental stamina to handle daily deadlines.
- Singapore Citizen;
- Existing University students;
- Done consistently well in school and have strong language skills;
- An impressive co-curricular activities record;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- A strong interest in a writing career; and
- Not currently in receipt of any other scholarship.
Courses of Study
You can pursue a Bachelor’s degree in all fields of study except in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture and law.
Shortlisted candidates will have to go through a writing exercise and attend an interview if they clear the exercise. Successful candidates will be given an opportunity to get a first-hand experience of what it is like to be a journalist, where their performance will be assessed. Candidates who have cleared the final round of the selection interview will be offered the scholarship.
How to apply
Please download the application form and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documents.
Resume, all educational certificates, CCA records, testimonials, SAT I & II test results (if applicable) and ORD certificate (if applicable)
Applicationis now open.
Closing date: 15 April 2018