< Back to Jobs Listings
Location: Singapore - Central
Main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH has 19 titles licensed under the Newspaper Printing and Presses Act, of which nine are daily newspapers across four languages. On an average day, 2.8 million individuals or 69 per cent of people above 15 years old, read one of SPH’s news publications. Beyond print, SPH’s suite of digital products includes online editions of newspapers and magazines, as well as mobile applications. Our online products enjoy 360 million page views with 23 million unique browsers every month. Other new media initiatives include AsiaOne, omy.sg, ST701, Stomp and SPH Razor. SPH has also ventured into book publishing, broadcasting, out-of-home advertising and properties. For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg.
The Straits Times Digital Desk is looking for a front-end web developer to join its special projects and interactive team. You will be involved with the production of innovative content platforms such as long-form features, interactive graphics and more. You will also assist with developing tools and templates for the newsroom to enhance the quality of The Straits Times digital products.
- Work alongside journalists, editors, graphic and web designers, and front- and back-end developers.
- Provide thorough testing of website properties and applications which include the detection and investigation of problems, assessment and duplication of issues, reach-of impact, and scope.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging web technologies and promote usability best practices.
- Web design and best practices knowledge with the ability to create web graphics and layout
- Experience with DRUPAL, both designing and creating themes/templates
- Ideally have an advanced knowledge of D3.js
- An advantage if you have experience designing visualisations - infographics and deploying working prototypes.
- Solid understanding of web navigation, user habits, web design trends, cross-browser and platform compatibility issues
- Experience with mobile optimisation, responsive design, and media queries
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation and search engine marketing
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing tools, database software, and/or business systems
- Ability to work well under pressure including adapting to changing objectives and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, manage time well and stay organised
- Experience working with SASS
Other desired requirements:
- A good understanding of basic statistics, data science, & data processing methods
- Experience working with WEBGL
- Knowledge of .NET, PHP, SQL, jQuery
- Ability to work in both MAC and PC environments
- An advantage if you have experience with Xcode and mapping.