Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media. On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
It is in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
We are looking for a Product Manager to develop and lead the product vision of SPH’s Chinese Media Group (CMG). You will be responsible for executing the product strategy, developing innovative news digital products, defining the ideas with relevant stakeholders within CMG, aligning the needs and objectives of the Company, our audience and customers and driving execution of these ideas.
• The PM is required to co-develop with the Chief Product Officer(CPO), co-own the vision, strategy and goals of our digital media products. To succeed, the PM has to be able to articulate in an elevator pitch why anyone should use our products at all.
• Be able to communicate the product vision, strategy and goals succinctly to stakeholders across interdependent groups in the organisation & external partners - on the value and impact of the product to the bigger company strategy and direction.
• Work with CPO on mid term objectives, and be able to succinctly articulate the needs, wants, market demands, and strategic objectives to the product development team on a regular basis.
• The PM must have excellent problem solving skills & negotiation skills to remove roadblocks that impedes the vision.
• Employs an iterative build, measure, learn mindset on product development - favouring speedy releases over perfection. The PM should embrace the principles of customer centricity, validation by experimenting very swiftly with minimal investment, over long development processes in pursuit of perfection.
• Put users and external stakeholders like advertisers and agencies as the top priority in decision making, by using data and understanding of target audience and market requirements.
Who we are looking for
• At least 3 to 5 years of product development experience, preferably in the digital media space
• Prior background in technology is preferred
• Track record of successfully building and leading digital products, preferably with some startup experience
• Independent, confident and comfortable engaging all levels of stakeholders
• A strategic thinker with ability to function in a results oriented, data-rich, and metrics driven environment
• Dynamic and charismatic with remarkable critical thinking skills
• Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in Lean Startup, Design Thinking or Agile methodologies
• Native level of Chinese language. Knowledge of English language will be an advantage