< Back to Jobs Listings
Location: Singapore - Central
Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media.
On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
SPH is also in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
The Straits Times is looking for a full-stack web developer to join its special projects and interactive team. You will be involved with the production of innovative content platforms such as long-form features, interactive graphics and more. You will also assist with developing tools and templates for the newsroom to enhance the quality of The Straits Times digital products.
- Work alongside journalists, editors, graphic and web designers, and front- and back-end developers.
- Provide thorough testing of website properties and applications which include the detection and investigation of problems, assessment and duplication of issues, reach-of impact, and scope.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging web technologies and promote usability best practices.
- Strong technical skillset and ability to take ownership of complex backend and infrastructural challenges.
- Web design and best practices knowledge with the ability to create web graphics and layout
- Experience with DRUPAL, both designing and creating themes/templates
- Ideally have an advanced knowledge of D3.js
- An advantage if you have experience designing visualisations - infographics and deploying working prototypes.
- Solid understanding of web navigation, user habits, web design trends, cross-browser and platform compatibility issues
- Experience with mobile optimisation, responsive design, and media queries
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation and search engine marketing
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing tools, database software, and/or business systems
- Ability to work well under pressure including adapting to changing objectives and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, manage time well and stay organised
- Experience working with SASS
Other desired requirements:
- A good understanding of basic statistics, data science, & data processing methods
- Experience working with WEBGL
- Knowledge of .NET, PHP, SQL, jQuery
- Ability to work in both MAC and PC environments
- An advantage if you have experience with Xcode and mapping.