Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media. On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
It is in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
The position requires a highly motivated individual to develop and implement subscription and promotion campaigns to grow SPH newspaper publications. Your main responsibilities involve forming effective above and below the line advertising communications and execution that will drive targets and results set. You will liaise with creative agencies to develop effective communication creatives and marketing concepts to drive newspaper subscription for the various target segments. You will be required to monitor campaign performances across multiple platforms. You are required to provide support on events management pertaining to launches, promotions and roadshows through event planning and implementation. You need to manage and upkeep Advertising and Promotions budget, and prepare post-campaign analysis.
Working closely with the Deputy Head, you are also required to develop and nurture new key target segments for both local and overseas market so to grow SPH newspaper readership and subscriptions. It will involve identifying and sizing up new segment base and develop tailored marketing programmes to reach out to these target segments. You are required to identify appropriate business partnership opportunities for sponsorship/barter tie-up to drive product sampling to target segments.
· A good degree, preferably in Business Administration/Marketing with at least 2 years of relevant experience
· A team player with a proven track record of conducting marketing promotions and campaigns
· Some levels of experience and proven success in negotiating for sponsorship/barter deals would be advantage
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong command of the English language for copywriting and proofreading (fluency in Malay and/or Tamil is an added advantage based on the job requirements)
· Digitally savvy with Basic to Intermediate knowledge of digital marketing, including but not limited to Google Adwords, Google Analytics and Facebook Ad Manager
· An independent worker who works well in a cross-functional team environment
· Confident, resourceful and works well under solid pressure
· Possess flexibility and positive attitude
· Organised, meticulous, with strong follow up traits and initiatives
· Ability to resolve conflicts and stay focused on achieving the targets