< Back to Jobs Listings
Location: Singapore - Central
Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media. On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
It is in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
As our idea tester in D/Labs, SPH Digital, your role will be to run ideas through a structured innovation process together with your product team in order to validate them and justify whether or not the Business should a)adopt the idea b)invest more resources or c)pursue other ideas. The role of D/Labs is to harness the creative energies of the team and the wider SPH, and inject rigor and obtain data into ensuring that new ideas can add the most value to our media and adjacent businesses. As a key member of the core team, you would strategise and design the best ways to obtain these ideas, prioritise which to pursue, design how to do so and pivot or cycle through as necessary.
You are passionate about creating value, able to develop creative strategy, pivot opportunistically, and work well in a rapidly changing environment. You will guide the teams from a user's mindset, taking ownership for the design and development of commercially viable products - building businesses of the future. You will be the key link between key stakeholders and the team. Please bring with you at least two years of professional experience in project management, product management or a corporate innovation role, and good knowledge of digital user experience.
Our ideal candidate is:-
- Experienced & enthusiastic in prototype testing and idea validation
- Confident in navigating stakeholders in projects of various degrees of complexity
- A strong communicator able to convey complex ideas and concepts clearly and simply
- Sharp at distilling business design based on user needs, business needs and feasibility
- Responsible & takes ownership for pushing through ideas, while being collaborative and creative in problem solving
- Disciplined and systematic in evaluating the feasibility and value of a product; and is not wedded to ideas
- Proactive and adaptive to rapidly changing environments
It's a bonus if you have
- Experience in digital product design; and/or
- Background in technology or media and understanding of large enterprises