< Back to Jobs Listings
Location: Singapore - North
Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media. On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
It is in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
- Ensure that all the entities in the Group comply with the relevant tax regulations where the entities operate
- Responsible for all tax compliance and planning issues for the group
- Provide support including developing tax efficient structures for acquisitions, divestment, financing and cross-border transactions
- Manage a team of 3 analysts
- Review and identify tax issues such as the taxation of foreign income, tax treat interpretations, permanent establishment and withholding tax implications.
- Ensure adequate current tax provision and deferred tax asset/liability for the group
- Manage and resolve the tax audits/controversies
- Identify and manage tax risks / opportunities for the Group’s operations
- Identify tax initiatives that may qualify for tax incentives in the respective countries
- Work with business units to advise, design and manage business model from tax perspective
- Recommend and implement improvement to the tax compliance and reporting processes and establish a standardized process within the Group.
- Identify and address potential tax implications on projects undertaken
- Degree in Accounting/Taxation
- Member/affiliate of SIATP/ISCA or other recognised professional accountant/taxation institutes
- Minimum 8 years’ tax experience with in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC
- International tax experience, mergers and acquisitions
- Good people management, leadership and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
(Only short-listed candidate will be notified)