- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Sport Science & Management, Engineering (General)
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
Overall Job Strategy
- Promote and implement Sports Biomechanics services to identified sports programs, from youth through to Olympic-level athletes.
- Contribute to the achievement of the high-performance aims of the Singapore Sports Institute (SSI).
Duties & Responsibilities of Job Role
- Mentor other Biomechanists and interns within the Unit.
- Advice the Head of Sports Biomechanics and SSI specialist staff, on appropriate methods of implementing the overall support program.
- Maintain effective working relationships with SSI specialist staff through regular meetings and exchange of information.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and training in Sports Biomechanics.
- Demonstrate good understanding of how Sports Biomechanics support integrates with the overall sports program.
- Demonstrate the commitment to sporting success in high-performance sports.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, effective negotiation and consultation skills, with athletes and coaches from diverse sports and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and sensitivity in working with coaches, athletes and other specialist colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to educate and motivate coaches and athletes to adhere to the prescribed scientific support.
- Work collaboratively with coaches, athletes and other specialist staff to provide progressive and structured scientific support to sports programs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of structured quality assurance and safety practices within the Unit.
- Conduct needs assessments for development of service proposals to sports programs.
- Perform individualised laboratory- and field-based testing.
- Report and interpret testing results timely to coaches and athletes, and assist coaches to make practical use of the results.
- Conduct kinematic and kinetic analysis of sports techniques.
- Utilise a range of media for data capturing, editing and archiving.
- Undertake the analysis of ground reaction forces where appropriate.
- Conduct performance analysis using a range of software.
- Develop new data-acquisition and analysis technology that are not commercially available.
- Encourage and provide coach development.
- Deliver educational materials in oral and written forms to athletes, coaches and scientific peers.
- Lead and contribute to applied Sports Biomechanics research.
- Undergraduate Sports Science/Engineering, or related degree.
- PhD in Sports Biomechanics/Postgraduate degree in Sports Science/Biomechanics, or related specialty.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience as a Sports Biomechanist with high-performance athletes, junior or senior, including those with a disability, and their coaches.
- Strong background in the application of progressive, evidence-based Sports Biomechanics services to individual athletes, teams, and coaches, in a high-performance sporting environment.
- 1 Full Time position(s) available.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.