- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Psychology
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Health education, Communications skills
- Provide physiotherapy consultation to national carded athletes.
- Provide regular musculoskeletal assessments and targetted interventions to national carded athletes.
- Provide appropriate evidence based treatment modalities, including manual and electrical therapeutic protocols.
- Coordinate appropriate individualised sport-specific injury rehabilitation programmes.
- Coordinate plans through a multidisciplinary approach to the prevention, diagnosis and management of sports related musculoskeletal injuries.
- Assess sports specific techniques and skills and incorporate these into a planned rehabilitation programme.
- Deliver educational material both orally and in written form to athletes, coaches and other client groups.
- Provide on-site sports physiotherapy support for national carded athletes and coaches as appropriate.
- Provide overseas sports physiotherapy support as appropriate.
- Participate in and make a contribution to applied sports science and medicine research projects.
- Perform other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
- Assist the Head Physiotherapy Unit to ensure that services at the SMRC.
- Coordinate major Games planning services for Sports Medcine support.
- Lead in clinical ongoing professional development of junior physiotherapy staff.
- Ensure that best practice services are provided, are expected to have a strong background in the application of progressive, evidence based sport medicine services to individual athletes, coaches and teams, in an elite sporting environment.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of the assessment and treatment of athletes.
- To keep documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance with standards set by each individual professional body.
- To work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of support staff within the Centre and with Governing Bodies of Sport, delivering top class services to athletes and their coaches.
- To work within the rules of the Singapore Physiotherapy Councils Professional Code of Conduct, Scope of Practice, and those of SSC internal Professional Code of Conduct.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality to liase with athletes, primary caremanagers, parents, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification in Sports Physiotherapy or Manipulation is preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience of working in a clinical capacity within a Sports Medicine and related medical specialties environment.
- Planned and provided long-term campaign support for Major Games such as Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and South-East Asian Games
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.