- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - West
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: AutoCAD, C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, Sun Solaris, Pro/Engineer
Implement and support cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting manufactured product including printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs), final assemblies, and in some cases large systems testing in a production manufacturing environment. This test equipment consists of electrical, electronic, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing. The Test Engineer will actively work with the global and local plant environments in collaboration with design teams to achieve optimum product and test equipment designs for manufacturability. Works on issues of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action. May lead small special project teams within or external to the immediate group.
Responsible for test support for new product introductions (NPI) when introduced into manufacturing, legacy test equipment, continuation engineering product changes, production support, and equipment replacement.
- Develop and lead implementation of continuous improvement, error proofing, ergonomics, yield, and other lean manufacturing initiatives for test equipment and processes.
- Implementation of common test practices across site and sharing of common practices and lessons learned with other manufacturing facilities and NPI development teams.
- Develop standardized work practices, documentation maintenance, and operator training for all test related processes.
- Demonstrate consistent use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Understand documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
- Test specification to document product testing and coverage.
- System wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
- System BOM (Bill of Materials).
- User’s guide to assist plant engineering with long term support.
- Test software stored released into appropriate source control location.
- Provides manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting complex test systems to resolve crisis downtime situations in plants.
- Assist with scheduling/performing timely preventative maintenance for all test equipment. Provide guidance with calibration schedules and/or requirements for test instrumentation. Responsible for identifying/maintaining spare parts inventory.
- Lead efforts with understanding quality data for test processes and product repair processes and create/maintain troubleshooting tools and guides for tester/product repair.
- Lead or participate in projects that will enable the plants to meet annual productivity goals and reduce/eliminate safety and ergonomic risk in the manufacturing work environment. Lead or participate in the procurement, installation and validation activities with test equipment targeted for the manufacturing production.
- Ability to debug, modify, and troubleshoot software using multiple programming languages (including C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology(EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS) or equivalent education, or experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a test engineer contributor in a team oriented project environment, including design and development of test equipment for production or experience working in an operations manufacturing environment supporting production test equipment and processes.
- Mental and visual ability to troubleshoot software using multiple programming languages (including C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, etc.).
- Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret new product designs consisting of electronic circuit schematics, electrical and mechanical equipment design drawings, bills of materials, design and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of electronic hardware design processes and mechanical design concepts.
- Self-directed and able to adjust to changes in priority and scope.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs.
- Some travel may be required, typically up to 10%, possibly international.
We invite suitable candidates to apply ONLINE or submit your CV to email@example.com