- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Business
- Years of Experience: 10
- Skills: Knowledge of packaged vendor application is a plus: Thomson Reuters, FinIQ, Fenics or others.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS is a leading regional bank, embracing innovation and digital technologies with a vision of Making Banking Joyful for our employees and our customers. We have Treasury and Markets (T&M) trading activities in 7 countries in Asia as well as in London.
This Head of FX Trading support leads the team which supports the FX trading desk, its suite of applications and trading channels across all the markets where DBS T&M operates. Derivatives and flow products are also in scope. The team is the production contact point of all the users, interfacing with the development teams, the other IT teams in charge of systems interfaced to the FX products and flow products and the vendors providing software and services (Thomson Reuters, FinIQ, Fenics).
Manager of a team of 8 people, located in Singapore, providing application support to FX dealers and users across the region. The FX applications are a mixed of
The key accountabilities of the trading application head include:
* Providing excellent services to the business users and their customers, working in partnership with business representatives
* The management of the applications: performance, incident and problem management, monitoring and maintenance, proactively managing Vendors and coordination with “Change the Bank” teams
* The management of the team, organizing, motivating, guiding and driving team members
* The strategic management of IT costs, looking for and implementing productivity improvements of the applications through automation and innovation
* Ensuring compliance with banks and regulatory guidelines, policies and standards
+ Ensuring stability and performance of the applications
+ Timely follow up of management of user enquiries and requests
+ Incidents and problems management
+ Strong IT expertise and root cause finding skills
+ Business continuity, capacity management
+ Maintenance, patching, upgrade of the various applications components
+ Support of the Development and Test environments
+ Support to others ITT applications and other team and departments
+ Manage IT resource consumption (Storage / Servers / etc.)
* Team management:
+ Improving team engagement while maintaining high standards of support quality and the development and evolution of the team
+ Organizing team duties and schedules
+ Leverage and engage shared L1 support teams
+ Ensuring that all team members are met frequently and regularly
+ IT audit and support of audit/compliance request from other departments
+ Ensures compliance with standards and policies on data access, retention, BCP etc.
+ Adherence to the bank’s values (P.R.I.D.E): Purpose Driven, Relationship Led, Innovative, Decisive, Everything Fun
* Transformation / Innovation:
+ DevOps enhancement, targeting to minimize IT operations in adherence to the “Design for No Operations” motto
+ Develop and maintain an instrumentation and application monitoring roadmap in coordination with change the bank teams
+ Identifying and driving enhancements and optimization of the support by proactively looking at opportunities and IT evolution / innovation
+ Proposing and implementing productivity improvements
* Stakeholder/user management:
+ Regular reporting to business and IT management
+ Close partnership with ITT change the banks teams
+ Driving vendors in terms of application and service evolution, incident response, defect follow up and fixes implementation
* 10 years of work experience supporting FX trading or other financial markets front office application in an IT department. A strong IT expertise and FX products knowledge is preferred.
* 5 years of team management experience with proven ability to motivate and enable a high performing team.
* Track record of business partnership to deliver high value add and a first class user experience.
* Track record in delivering innovative or creative solutions to business and technical problems.
* Knowledge of packaged vendor application is a plus: Thomson Reuters, FinIQ, Fenics or others.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.