- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Information and Communication Technology
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
A system engineer role focused on providing support to internal and clients’ critical Linux/UNIX/Windows systems locally and internationally.
- Providing infrastructure provisioning, deployment and support service to internal and clients’ critical systems including on-call and out-of-hours work
- Configuring and troubleshooting application servers, web servers, mail services and other UNIX/Linux/Windows services, as well as windows based services, relevant to products and services.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of operating systems and hardware and making recommendations on improving administration, availability, scalability, and disaster recovery of current systems.
- Documenting systems design, configuration, and administration items for the purposes of educating new hires and to provide better and consistent global support.
- Enforcing change management controls on production and QA systems.
- Resolve technical issues impacting normal services and operations in a timely manner;
- Create and update infrastructure documentation related to network and security;
- System and device hardening in accordance to security framework or security best practices related to system or network ;
- Designing and implementing large scale networks using various routing and networking technologies;
- Be involve in day to day operations of company and/or client’s infrastructure;
- Coordinating with development teams for releases of in-house and third party software.
- Constantly renew and seek better processes and technology to achieve business objectives, and develop new business segment.
- 3 - 5 years of proven track record working as a Linux/Windows Systems Engineer.
- Good tertiary education from a recognized institution
- Experience of problem solving in a demanding production environment.
- Experience of working independently and effectively without a high level of direct supervision.
- Able to relocate for work in an foreign location for fix period as required
- Strong knowledge in switching, routing and networking technologies or solutions - preferably experience in designing and implementing large scale networks
- Strong knowledge in security technologies - preferably experience in designing and implementing large scale security solutions
- Knowledge of various computing hardware and their configuration (Server, SAN, Network, etc).
- Experience with Linux operating system and different Linux distributions, networking protocols, services, and utilities (RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience with various Windows server versions, windows applications such as exchange, sharepoint, dynamics, etc
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and management of Apache, Tomcat, JBoss and ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows security best practices.
- Knowledge of web application security, including common vulnerabilities and strategies to mitigate attacks.
- Knowledge of various virtualization techniques and related technology, including VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen
- Experience of VMWare infrastructure provisioning and support an advantage.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft certified an advantage, but not required
- Will be posted overseas for a minimum of 1 year.
- Singaporean / SPRs Preferred.
Certification of the following would be advantage
- Certified Microsoft System Engineer
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- Redhat Certified Engineer
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent