- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Technical Certification
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Communications skills, Technical support
The Superintendent manages a number of vessels (offshore vessels and towing vessels). He does that with a team of operations, crewing and purchasing personnel.
The role of Technical Superintendent is to provide project feasibility (technical) studies, management and technical expertise to the company’s assets and the company alike.
You will report to the General Manager and work closely with your team to manage the company’s assets.
You will be a point of contact for clients and will work closely with them to ensure compliancy of their technical requirements.
The role is based in Singapore, however there will be occasions where travel abroad is required.
Job Scope & Responsibilities for Superintendent include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive experience with the makings of Offshore Supply Vessel, Tugs and Barges;
- Ability to interact with vessel crews, including day to day management, regular scheduled maintenance, training, etc ensuring good engine performance and take care of vessel annual, intermediate and special surveys;
- In charge of vessel wellbeing and expenses covering repairs, maintenance, and other survey/ certification requirements.
- Overall in charge in ensuring vessels are fully fit and seaworthy to trade as required.
- Overall in charge in ensuring the vessel complies with all statutory requirements and regulations. This includes all vessel trading certificates.
- Prepares yearly budget requirement for each vessel and submit for approvals and revisions.
- Monitors and manage vessel Planned Maintenance follow up accordingly in liaison with Chief Engineers and Chief Officers
- Work with Operations to ensure schedules for maintenance of the vessels are met
- Attendance to ship repair and ship surveysPlans for classification survey of vessels
- Supervise major refitting and dry docking of vessels
- Co-ordinates and monitors the performance of vessels within the area of responsibilities and all activities impacting on operations of vessels and the Company.
- Participates in incident investigations.
- Communicates with vessels on routine basis, ensuring that technical issues are handled expeditiously.
- Conducts onboard technical review / vessels inspections and direct corrective actions.
- Serves as Company’s representative during vessels’ audits, conditional surveys and other inspections as required.
- Ensure that scheduled audit once bi-monthly is carried out
- Applicants must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- The successful applicant must have previous experience in a similar role and have extensive experience within offshore industry
- Chief Engineer CoC with proven experience is an added advantage
- Proven ability to problem solve/resolve technical issues quickly
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written
- Desire to succeed and be held accountable for results
Interested parties please submit full resume with present & expected salary in MS Word and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.