- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Technical Certification
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Communications skills, Technical support
The role of Technical Superintendent is to provide project feasibility (technical) studies, management and technical expertise to the company’s assets and the company alike.
- Extensive experience with the makings of Offshore Supply Vessel, Tugs and Barges;
- Ability to interact with vessel crews, including day to day management, regular scheduled maintenance, training, etc ensuring good engine performance and take care of vessel annual, intermediate and special surveys;
- In charge of vessel wellbeing and expenses covering repairs, maintenance, and other survey/ certification requirements.
- Overall in charge in ensuring vessels are fully fit and seaworthy to trade as required.
- Overall in charge in ensuring the vessel complies with all statutory requirements and regulations. This includes all vessel trading certificates.
- Prepares yearly budget requirement for each vessel and submit for approvals and revisions.
- Monitors and manage vessel Planned Maintenance follow up accordingly in liaison with Chief Engineers and Chief Officers
- Work with Operations to ensure schedules for maintenance of the vessels are met
- Attendance to ship repair and ship surveysPlans for classification survey of vessels
- Supervise major refitting and dry docking of vessels
- Co-ordinates and monitors the performance of vessels within the area of responsibilities and all activities impacting on operations of vessels and the Company.
- Participates in incident investigations.
- Communicates with vessels on routine basis, ensuring that technical issues are handled expeditiously.
- Conducts onboard technical review / vessels inspections and direct corrective actions.
- Serves as Company’s representative during vessels’ audits, conditional surveys and other inspections as required.
- Ensure that scheduled audit once bi-monthly is carried out
- Applicants must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- The successful applicant must have previous experience in a similar role and have extensive experience within offshore industry
- Chief Engineer CoC with proven experience is an added advantage
- Proven ability to problem solve/resolve technical issues quickly
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written
- Desire to succeed and be held accountable for results