- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Business (ERP), Information and Communication Technology
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Strong visual design experience, UX / UI
ZomWork is a small company with big plans. With our service*, companies can outsource projects from graphic design, to marketing, to app development flexibly and reliably to companies and individuals with the right skills, and expertise. Excited by the opportunities in the global rise of the gig economy, ZomWork will create a comfortable, seamless environment for businesses to find quality service providers across multiple markets. *Website launch is planned for mid-2017.
ZomWork is a joint-venture company co-owned by two partners. Zhubajie.com is the dominant leader (with >80% of the market) for freelancing work in China and is valued at US$1Bn. Singapore Press Holdings Ltd is not only Singapore’s dominant newspaper, magazine and radio company, but also owns successful digital properties like Sgcartmart, Shareinvestor, Hardwarezone, and Stomp.
The UI/UX Manager supports ZomWork customers by localizing Zhubajie.com’s world class product platform and user experience into South East Asia. You will work closely with our local team in Singapore, as well as a product manager in China (part of Zhubajie.com’s original team), to ensure that your design has catered for all required functions in a locally-relevant way. You will be responsible for designing our platform’s user experience from the grounds-up; from the browsing experience, client transactions, service provider transactions, payment, storefront and so on. The technical platform and features are all already in place- we are building off the China website experience- but what’s lacking is a localized, Singapore-customer centric experience. You’ll be in charge of conceptualizing and designing the website experience by following and adapting to western convensions, and then working with the China product and tech team to implement the change. Going forward, the role would also need to take new Chinese product functions, and adapt them to local/Western interaction and UX front-end designs.
The role requires someone to understand local needs very well in order to decide whether to adapt, adopt, or discard the products being developed by the central Chinese technical team. It also would fit someone excited to have the opportunity to architect and design the entire aspect of a site's UX from grounds-up. Everything is on the table to be changed. There are no sacred cows- the website you design will entirely be yours!
The kind of people we are eager to work with:
- Will go above and beyond to make sure every customer has a good experience. Not 80%, not 90%; every single one!
- Has incredible patience, determination and optimism- customer service is not always smiles and roses, and you’ll have to be able to motivate yourself to handle every customer positively.
- Is a strategic thinker, excited to innovate around new tools and ways of doing things - this is a startup, after all, and we’ll need you to tell us what the customers think; and how to keep improving things.
- Can work independently and resourcefully to do whatever it takes to succeed.
- Most importantly, is excited to work in an environment where you’ll have a real impact in changing the way Singaporeans work! Responsibilities
- Work closely with the world-class Zhubajie.com product and technical teams to understand the product and ensure QA of the website and app experience that you design
- Engage in user interviews and problem-finding in order to test and optimize further improvements
- Assist in ad-hoc design tasks (logo, marketing needs) for us as we expand Basic Qualifications
- >4 years of experience in UX roles
- Keen ability to observe user behaviour and analyse data to get to the core of users’ needs
- Design experience (visual) is a strong plus
- Strong ability to execute, work independently, and get things done
- Based in Singapore
- Fluency in mandarin is a bonus but not required, as the Chinese team’s command of English is limited