- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Information and Communication Technology, Information Engineering and Media, Software Engineering
- Years of Experience: 2
The Straits Times is looking for a full-stack web developer to join its special projects and interactive team. You will be involved with the production of innovative content platforms such as long-form features, interactive graphics and more. You will also assist with developing tools and templates for the newsroom to enhance the quality of The Straits Times digital products.
- Work alongside journalists, editors, graphic and web designers, and front- and back-end developers.
- Provide thorough testing of website properties and applications which include the detection and investigation of problems, assessment and duplication of issues, reach-of impact, and scope.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging web technologies and promote usability best practices.
- Strong technical skillset and ability to take ownership of complex backend and infrastructural challenges.
- Web design and best practices knowledge with the ability to create web graphics and layout
- Experience with DRUPAL, both designing and creating themes/templates
- Ideally have an advanced knowledge of D3.js
- An advantage if you have experience designing visualisations - infographics and deploying working prototypes.
- Solid understanding of web navigation, user habits, web design trends, cross-browser and platform compatibility issues
- Experience with mobile optimisation, responsive design, and media queries
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation and search engine marketing
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing tools, database software, and/or business systems
- Ability to work well under pressure including adapting to changing objectives and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, manage time well and stay organised
- Experience working with SASS
Other desired requirements:
- A good understanding of basic statistics, data science, & data processing methods
- Experience working with WEBGL
- Knowledge of .NET, PHP, SQL, jQuery
- Ability to work in both MAC and PC environments
- An advantage if you have experience with Xcode and mapping.