Marketing jobs are highly sort after and a resume that stands out might give a potential employer confidence that you are able to market their company or product. Understanding what makes an effective resume will help you in getting your ideal marketing job.
Follow the steps below to put together your marketing resume.
1) Provide details such as your name, home address, contact number and email address at the top of your resume.
2) Give a summary of your qualifications, keeping it below eight sentences. Summarise your past responsibilities and projects highlighting any area of marketing you specialise in. Some components of marketing include marketing research, marketing communications and account management. Make use of strong, descriptive action words to impress your reader.
3 Include a separate section on your resume for your accomplishments. You may want to highlight any awards you have won or successful projects you have been part of. State your role in the project and how you have contributed to the success of the project. Emphasise your strengths in the various areas of marketing. Employers will be looking out for catch phrases such as relationship-building and business development on your marketing resume so be sure to use such phrases whenever possible, especially if they are in line with the job you are applying for.
4) List down your last three to four job positions in chronological order starting with your most recent position. State down your job description and highlight any transferable job skills. You may include major projects you have worked on.
5) Record down the schools you have attended in chronological order. State your major and the date of enrolment and graduation. Most marketing jobs require a degree in business or management.
6) Proofread your resume again and again. Check through your resume for any grammar or spelling mistakes and ensure your spelling follows the British standard of English in Singapore and if you need to, ask a friend to review your resume too. Do not allow a careless mistake to get in the way of landing your ideal marketing job.
It is important to tailor your resume to the company you are applying for. Sell yourself through your resume and market your uniqueness to the reader. Do not hesitate to take credit for all the hard work you have done in your previous jobs.
For more tips on how to write a resume that will get you noticed, check out our resume builder.
Visit www.STJobs.sg today for more information.