You will be a member of an R&D team responsible for the development of Consumer inkjet All-in-One and Printer products.
- Develop engineering specifications and requirements; develop solutions to achieve and exceed expectations of marketing and customer requirements
- Work with ID to conceptualise the design that meets program goals
- Develop project schedules and drive projects to successful completion
- Manage risks associated with the delivery of your project and maintain suitable backup options.
- System and part design
- Test and verify your design to meet all functionality, reliability, serviceability, customer, and regulatory requirements
- Assist the organization in maintaining system quality throughout the product lifecycle
- Solving technically challenging and organizational complex issues
You will be using CREO tool to create mechanical design. You will work with our Manufacturing partners or procurement to ensure tools is released on time for build and meets design requirement. You will support ID to conceptualize the design and deliver the product design, ensuring that all designs work together and deliver on system reliability, cost and performance requirements.
You are expected to work with cross disciplines, functional and geographical teams.
We are looking for a highly motivated top performer with deep technical skills in hardware design, and demonstrated technical leadership across disciplines (HW, FW, SW). We are looking for people who can innovate on simple and low cost solutions for our “low price/high volume” inkjet All-in-One and Printer categories.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study with a minimum of 3 years related experience or 5 years for senior position. Relevant Master's degree is added advantage.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in case parts and/or mechanism design. Preferred experience in consumer type products.
- Expert in some or all of the following areas:
Product design, case parts cosmetic treatments, worst casing analysis, FMEA, Design of Experiment, Metrology concept (such as Cp/Cpk)
- Experience to conceptualize, implement and validate a system level design and solution
- Experience to verify performance through empirical testing as well as analytical models.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Expert in system integration for multiple product development cycles in an R&D environment
- Ability to work independently or on a team, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work with a degree of ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interface with all levels in HW/FW/SW development and test organizations
- Fluent in English. Able to converse in Mandarin is an added advantage
- Enjoy R&D work
- Are creative and can logically simplify a complicated problem set
- Are system thinker, can think outside the envelop
- Are meticulous and willing to take risks
- Have flexible communication style, can collaborate globally
- Have a positive attitude and a win-win passion
- Strong negotiator