The digital arm of English, Malay, Tamil media group of SPH is looking for a creative and driven web developer to join our team in the newsroom. You would be working alongside journalists, developers, designers, and editors to create original digital content for our readers.
We are looking for someone with a strong portfolio of original visual stories so please include a link to your latest and best works so far along with your resume/CV. The ideal candidate is an experienced coder and a good designer
• Come up with data visualisation design through interactive infographics
• Creation of graphics requested by editors
• Demonstrate editorial judgement, creativity, and flair
• Work with front-end web developers to produce interesting and innovative visual stories
• Use various statistics and data science tools for data parsing, scraping and wrangling
• Manage workflow and process for visual stories in the newsroom
• Use analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts.
• Experience in a data visualisation role
• Interest in building projects in augmented reality and other creative technologies to enhance our journalism is a plus.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Familiar with the latest digital storytelling trends
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, graphic design, data science, statistics, computer science strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of interactive data storytelling/visualisation
• Experience/knowledge of serverless computing (AWS)
If you have a passion for storytelling, journalism, and the craft of designing digital experiences, please apply to join our dynamic team. Please include a link to your latest and best works so far along with your application.