The primary role of Database Administrator is to support technology-enabled business strategies and operations to drive increased agility, scalability, fault tolerance and improve service quality of the Technology Operations, Infrastructure and Cloud team. The role is to engage with Application, Engineering and Infrastructure Technology teams to help them achieve extensive business value, by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to Cloud to create a platform for innovation and Enterprise Transformation.
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
You'll ensure that:
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency)
The scope of responsibilities Includes the following
- Perform installation, administration, maintenance, performance tuning, secure and upgrade of databases for corporate and internet applications
- Assist the application project leader/manager to design databases with considerations on performance, operations efficiency and data and access security.
- Review, update, implement and conduct database backup and recovery procedures and disaster recovery procedures according to application needs.
- Initiate and conduct quality assurance checks on various areas of DBMS to identify gaps, areas of improvement and implement the necessary changes.
- Proactively monitor databases and provide alerts for errors / degradation in system performance and storageEngaging with Application, Engineering, DevOps and Infrastructure team to execute on BAU or project activities
- Manage costs, vendor and budget management of data infrastructure in the cloud
- Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and lead IT Infrastructure & Operation Transformation activities
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within SPHTech (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.