The digital arm of English, Malay, Tamil media group within SPH group specialises in making the news stories exciting with stunning interactive and digital features.
The digital graphics team is looking for a creative and driven Digital News Designer to join us.
If you are a tech-savvy and creative designer who is interested in journalism or 'out-of-the-box' forms for visual storytelling and data visualisations, this could be the right fit for you!
As a Digital News Designer, you would be expected to work closely with journalists, developers, designers, and editors on a daily basis.
- Design and help the team's developers build visual stories for the newsroom, including data visualisations and a wide variety of visual formats for storytelling.
- Use analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts
- Demonstrate editorial judgement, creativity and flair
- A team player, willing to share and support other team members
- Pay attention to details, and apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, that may include nights or weekends.
- Strong design portfolio is essential. Experience with data visualisation, 3D software, Motion Graphics, Cartography or infographics a plus.
- Experience designing interactive graphics and data visualisations with libraries such as, d3,js or Mapbox is preferred.
- Experience with one or more common databases, SQL, scripting languages (R, Python, Perl) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, journalism, graphic design, data science, statistics or computer science strongly preferred.
- Familiar with the latest digital storytelling, data journalism and visual trends.
If you are interested, please apply with your detailed CV and portfolio to us. Please include working links to your latest and featured projects.