Singapore's only financial daily, The Business Times (BT), is the authoritative guide on local, regional and international business markets. In addition to corporate news and commentary, BT covers the startup, wealth, property, lifestyle and SME scenes, and tells you what you need to know about ASEAN and the region.
We seek an energetic, meticulous and imaginative individual to join BT as:
Social Media Specialist
You will work closely with the newsroom to create and implement social media and off-platform strategies for BT, for key platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Off-platform tools not only include Telegram and newsletters, but also Reddit, forums, etc. Your job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with editors and designers to promote journalists' stories.
- Working closely with audience and multimedia strategists, product, and marketers to ensure that social media learnings feed into BT's audience, funnel and content strategies.
- Repurposing existing content to ride trending topics.
- Setting targets for, tracking and regularly reporting traffic and engagement metrics from social traffic sources.
- Testing social media and off-platform content and strategies to establish best practices for the BT newsroom.
- Social media brevity means that accuracy and style matter, so strong English skills are a must.
- Interest in business or financial news would be very helpful.
- Ability to create content for social media and messaging apps, and familiarity with social media trends and best practices.
- Ability to craft marketing copy to promote subscription packages/events/sponsored content/etc.
- Ability to design visually appealing posts for Instagram (IG).
- Data literacy with analytical tools such as Google Analytics (GA) is a plus.
- Prior experience in journalism would be helpful but is not required.
Interest applicants may apply with an updated CV and link to prior social media campaigns if applicable.